I have so many interests, and I'll usually try anything once, so my posts aren't focused, they aren't subject specific, they're just here for anyone to read and hopefully someone, sometime, will find something that piques their interest, encourages them, lends information, makes them laugh, awakens a hidden passion, or...just helps them get through their boring day at work. :o) Have fun!


A few of my favorites from across the web:
http://www.nourishingdays.com/
http://www.nourishedkitchen.com/

Friday, August 6, 2010

Let's get back on track

So I've been pretty bad up to this morning with my diet. I've done pretty well with actually working out, but last night at work I was sooooooo hungry and the fried chicken was just sitting there begging to be eaten. I love fried  chicken. Yummy yum yum! So....yeah, 'nuff said.
 So today I woke up, had my fiber shake, had an egg/veggie scramble, a fiber shake for lunch, some raw almonds, and a lettuce salad for dinner along with the fiber shake. I feel so much better when I eat healthy food: light, full of energy, clean. It's a wonderful feeling.
 No workout today. I was too busy getting groceries and we had church tonight, too, so between all that and spending time with the kids and taking care of business I just didn't have time.
 I am hoping to get in a pretty intense lower body workout tomorrow morning. Hopefully I don't get called into work.
 

  As you know by now, I'm headed to the dream center in a couple weeks and there are some dress code rules and such, so I had to go buy some new pants and longer t shirts today. Well, all the pants I tried on were size 9 and they all fit. Some were even a little too big in the waist! That's really saying a lot for me, since I haven't comfortable fit into a size 9 since I was probably 14 or 15. Wow! I can't believe the clothes I'm wearing lately! I finally get to buy all the stuff that looks cute, and I'm actually starting to look and feel so good I can hardly wait to work out again so I can keep seeing this wonderful progress.
  When I really get my body fat down to where I can see some muscle tone in my abs and arms even when I'm not flexing I'd like to go do a water displacement test to see what my body fat percentage is. Body fat calipers are highly unreliable, but the water test is usually kind of expensive. So I dunno. Just being able to see some muscle may just be enough for me! I'm so excited to really know and have proof that getting fit IS possible even after having two kids and living a super duper busy life.
 So there's your encouragement for the day. IT'S POSSIBLE!!!

1 comment: