I have so many interests, and I'll usually try anything once, so my posts aren't focused, they aren't subject specific, they're just here for anyone to read and hopefully someone, sometime, will find something that piques their interest, encourages them, lends information, makes them laugh, awakens a hidden passion, or...just helps them get through their boring day at work. :o) Have fun!


A few of my favorites from across the web:
http://www.nourishingdays.com/
http://www.nourishedkitchen.com/

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A brief introduction of common sense

 Allow me to take a moment to vent slightly about a lysol commercial I just saw. It's for an in-home automatic soap dispenser, similar to what you would find in a public restroom, but smaller and more decorative for home use. Their rational is that, there are germs all over your soap pump, so why not have something automatic that you don't have to touch? That way, you won't get germs all over your....uh....germy hands that you're about to wash with soap to get all the germs off.
 Ok, if you're not following me by now, I'm a little worried. I'll break it down. Your hands have germs on them, and that's why you're about to wash them. Of course the germs are going to get on the soap pump. It's called cross-contamination. But you're going to put soap on your hands and wash all the germs away and chances are, you aren't going to touch the soap pump again until your hands are germy again and you have to wash them, again. Please, people! This is one of the stupidest, most worthless wastes of money I've ever seen! And yet, so many people are going to think, "Wow! What a great idea!" Derr...........


 Ok, back to health and fitness. I guess that first part could almost pass as a blog on health. lol.

 So the cleanse is going...ok. Yesterday I went to a wedding and had cake. Big no-no. Today we had a bbq fundraiser at my church for our trip to the Dream Center in LA at the end of this month (Wow! August already!), and I was absolutely STARVING so I also cheated a little bit there. Bad. I know I'm going to pay for it, but that doesn't change the fact that what's done is done, and it also does not change my determination to finish this and be a healthier person at the end of it.
 I believe this is another very important point on anyone's journey to better health. Forget about what you've done in the past. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is what you are going to do RIGHT NOW to make yourself and better, healthier person. It is going to do you absolutely no good whatsoever to wallow in the self-pity of poor choices that you've made. It doesn't matter that you had two, ok maybe three, slices of that decadent chocolate cake that just made your entire brain run with streams of fudgy goodness. What are you going to do about it today? Are you going to get your butt up and do a work out or possibly eat some scrambled eggs with veggies for breakfast, or are you going to moan and whine and say, "Oh! I shouldn't have done that!"
 Of course you shouldn't have. You knew that WHILE you were doing it. But you did. Who cares? Do something today that is going to make you feel better, productive, and healthy tomorrow. Forget about yesterday. Seriously. 
 So that brings me to where I'm at right now. I've drank my fiber shakes, taken my probiotics, I've got my enema water heating on the stove right now...but I still haven't worked out. Annnd...it may or may not be ten o'clock pm. So I really, really don't want to do it, right now. I want to watch S. Darko and go to bed and maybe even have pancakes in the morning.
 But what I want even more than that is to be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning and smile, and tell myself, "I'm proud of you!"
 I want to go see my husband in October and see his jaw drop and...well...I won't continue that one.
 I want to go buy a pair of size seven jeans, I want amazing abs, and maybe even more than all of that, I want to be able to quit my job as a waitress and go be a personal trainer.
  Which is actually a really good SECOND point you could remember from this particular blog entry. Don't just forget about yesterday. Look forward to tomorrow. Make large goals, but also plan your baby steps to get there. If you don't have baby steps, you're not going to ever reach your goals because they will seem insurmountable and you won't have any direction.
  So that being said, I need to go get ready to work out. I'm glad they're only twelve minutes long. And if you don't believe that can make a difference or that it's just a waste of twelve minutes, stick around for the pictures and I'll show you how wonderful it is to be wrong, sometimes.
 Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment