I have so many interests, and I'll usually try anything once, so my posts aren't focused, they aren't subject specific, they're just here for anyone to read and hopefully someone, sometime, will find something that piques their interest, encourages them, lends information, makes them laugh, awakens a hidden passion, or...just helps them get through their boring day at work. :o) Have fun!


A few of my favorites from across the web:
http://www.nourishingdays.com/
http://www.nourishedkitchen.com/

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Holy mother of all that is holy

Sorry it's been awhile. I decided to be naughty this weekend and totally ignore all my nutrition plan and exercise. So yesterday I got back on track with my eating and today I decided to make up for not working out for 3 days with a workout that completely snockered me. Yeah, I dunno if it's a word, but it is, now.
 I want to take a moment and talk about "cheating" or missing a day or not eating perfectly or whatever. My sister said something the other day that totally caught me off guard and gave me a feeling that it was not quite right. I couldn't put my finger on exactly why, but I thought about it for a little while and this is what I came up with.
 She said, "Every food is ok as long as you don't go overboard."
 This is what I've heard my entire life and I've never agreed with it, but I can't put my finger on why I don't agree with it. After all, throughout the New Testament there are verses on how all food has been made clean, and the food you eat has no effect on the things that really matter, that is, the things of the Spirit and heart.
 So I started thinking. And this is the conclusion I've come to. Part of this applies only to Christians, but the food part applies to everyone.
  Just as you are supposed to live a holy life to please Jesus and strive to be like him in every way, you will fall short sometimes because we are humans. We fell out of perfection with Adam and Eve when they sinned and so in every situation we have a decision to make on whether we're going to follow a heart of love, or a heart of selfishness. You're never going to be perfect, even though there is a path of perfection laid out for you to follow, until Christ comes and throws all evil back into the pit of hell.
 This same principle applies to your diet. You're never going to follow it perfectly because you're human and there are things that you will eat sometimes because you have to, sometimes because you simply want to. There is such a thing as perfect nutrition, but you would have to do some major searching as well as finding someone who could coach you and teach you everything you need to know. That doesn't change the fact that we should try our hardest to eat perfectly and get rid of all the junk food in our cupboards. Junk food is never good. It is never ok. You're not going to get fat if you eat a cookie. You're not going to be sent to biggest loser if you eat some hot wings, but if you completely fall off track and begin to fill your life with food that isn't good for you, you will be fat again. It's as simple as that.
 
 I apologize if this is disjointed, but I'm still sweating and shaking from my workout, and I'm pretty sure my brain is running short on blood and oxygen. haha
 So here's the workout and I'll post the link to the tabata timer, again.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/05/29/kiss-my-tight-ass-workout/
http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

Happy workout, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment