I have so many interests, and I'll usually try anything once, so my posts aren't focused, they aren't subject specific, they're just here for anyone to read and hopefully someone, sometime, will find something that piques their interest, encourages them, lends information, makes them laugh, awakens a hidden passion, or...just helps them get through their boring day at work. :o) Have fun!


A few of my favorites from across the web:
http://www.nourishingdays.com/
http://www.nourishedkitchen.com/

Saturday, September 11, 2010

New challenge needs a new diet

So....I approached this whole hcg diet thing with much skepticism and dubiousness - I hope that's a word - but I have decided that I've worked my butt off, quite literally, and eaten healthy for years, now, and I still have fat deposits all over my body that I want to get rid of. I can't stand almost being in a size seven and still having enormous love handles, a prominent "mommy tummy" as I like to call it, and saggy butt cheeks covering all the nice muscle tone that I've built up. I've tried a lot of different things, nothing harmful, nothing "weird," so I decided to go ahead and try this out.
 My mom has lost a TON on this and I'm not just talking about weight. TWELVE, yes, TWELVE inches off her abs. WOWOW!!! She's lost inches everywhere, but that's my problem area, so that's the information I retained. :)
 Anyway, I have always said I will not discount anything until I've read all the information on it. I'm not one of those people to simply pass off an idea just because of the way it looks or sounds. Ya know, don't judge a book by it's cover.



.............Ok. So I was interrupted, had to go to work, spent the night at my mom's house so here I am back at home, continuing this post and loading. Gross. (mmm...potato chip)
 I don't remember the last time I have eaten so much food at one time. (mmm...donut) According to the way the diet goes, it makes sense, but it makes me so uncomfortable to be eating this type of food and so much of it. I was embarrassed to even buy this crap. (mmm...cheese) Twinkies, coconut cream pie, cookies and peanut butter, pork chops, frozen pizzas, buffalo wings, candy bars, anything with high fat content. (mmm...donut) I am so grossed out right now, but my mom has done this three times already and she's had nothing but success so I figure it can't hurt to try, right? (mmm...cheese)
 I took the shot this morning. I couldn't even feel it. I felt it more afterward, but it didn't really hurt.(mmm...chips and cheese) Just kind of a feeling of being uncomfortable in my butt cheek.
 So I've got one more day of "loading" and then it's on to the low-calorie part of the diet and hopefully not too long before I start seeing some real changes in my body composition. (mmm...donut)
 I can't even really think right now. My body is so concentrated on dealing with this huge influx of food. So I will update all of you when I start to feel normal again.

1 comment: